Distributed Computing
with an Attitude 
Distributed Computing Forum Index

RegisterRegister 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar
NEWS:
A Week of Setbacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Distributed Computing Forum Index -> Running Wild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirstenj_2004
Witchdoctor
Witchdoctor

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: A Week of Setbacks Reply with quote

This past week has been a dismal one in terms of running. The last time I actually ran was last Sunday, and it was great. I felt a little bit of nervous irritation in the beginning, but by the time I was on my second kilometre there was no discomfort whatsoever. After the run, I took a shower, had something to eat, and then eagerly started planning my runs for the coming week.

But alas, it was not meant to be. On Monday morning, I woke up feeling a little bit queasy. A stomach bug was making its way through my entire family, so I guessed that my turn was coming up. Still, I felt well enough to get up and go about my daily routine. So I took James to the daycare, and got into the car to drive back home to meet my ride to work. As I adjusted my coat, I felt a muscle pull in my lower back.

Oh, for God's sake. I fix one part of my back and then screw up another?

I drove home and got my ride to work. That day will not go down in history as a Good Day, and by lunchtime it was clear that I should not have even been there. My back was hurting, so I was hobbling around as if I was ninety. And I was feeling sicker and sicker by the minute. Somehow I made it through the day, and more or less collapsed on my bed the minute I got home.

At roughly the same time that evening, George and I got hit in earnest with the stomach bug. The following day, we stayed home together and commiserated in each other's misery.

By Wednesday I felt fine - at least my stomach did. My back was still too sore for me to walk normally. I had a physiotherapy appointment on Thursday, which as usual, worked wonders. Now, on Sunday morning, I do feel well enough to run again. There is a little bit of residual stiffness in my lower back, plus the remaining nerve irritation going down my arm. I am mapping out 5km and we'll take it from there.

And I am optimistic that this week will be better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Distributed Computing Forum Index -> Running Wild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: