PHP Builder Forum IndexPHP Builder
free solutions for web developers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
[Snippet] MyComet -> Reverse Ajax Example

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Builder Forum Index -> Snippets, Tutorials & Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zewa666
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: [Snippet] MyComet -> Reverse Ajax Example Reply with quote

Hello boys and girls out there.

After a long time, here comes a new snippet.
http://zewa.ze.funpic.de/datagrid/mycomet.rar

Download from above link and read on to understand what it is.

Reverse Ajax is a way to let the Server tell the Clients that something new happend. Either on scripting side or lets say in a Database ... whats more interesting for us.

Now this little example i packed in the rar, is called Ghost Refresher. It is bound to a mysql database, and does following:

There is a table TEST, which holds just some users, and when they entered something into this table.
Now the Ghost Refresher, looks regularly, all 3-4 seconds into the table with a prepared statement and asks if someone newer then himself (in this case User "ZEWA") has entered anything newer from date.

If so, the running page will immediatly show you, you should update your page.

OK this example for it self isnt very important, but imagine usage in Datagrid.
Many people work on the same grid, and if anybody does something new, automaticly all the other users, are noticed that some refresh should be done, without having them to do anything. Like from Ghost Hand ^^

Prerequisites for this example are:

*PHP 5 (one with PDO)
*Mysql Database (of course)

So try it out and tell me if you have problems. You can also ask me via ICQ.

Greetings
Zewa
aahelee

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What should I choose best to work with in Ajax and why, JQuery or GWT? I'm coding in JSP and a little bit confused from choosing jQuery or GWT in creating Ajax apps. Provide me the best information to help make my mind for the right choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Builder Forum Index -> Snippets, Tutorials & Other Stuff All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: